Roots & Shoots Beijing
Roots & Shoots Beijing guides people to choose a sustainable lifestyle, and achieve harmony between people, animals and the environment. Following the path of world-renowned Jane Goodall, the volunteer community inspires local people to make good decisions for our planet.
Updated: Oct 2019
Volunteer opportunities ❤️
Pursue your passion, mobilize your peers, and become the kind of leader this world needs. Volunteer or intern with Roots & Shoots Beijing to build balance between human beings and nature.
By joining Roots & Shoots Beijing, you’ll be part of a global community with hundreds of thousands leaders taking action for wildlife and the environment.
Roots & Shoots Beijing has opportunities for both volunteers and interns — depending on how much time and commitment you’re prepared to offer.
Volunteers can be from any background, as long as you are enthusiastic for the cause, and ready to offer your help when needed. Roots & Shoots Beijing runs a WeChat group for volunteers — where calls for help are posted. To join the volunteers group, add Lucy’s WeChat (WeChat ID: moosymoo), and she will add you to the group.
Interns are usually college students and should be able to offer at least 1 month of full time service at the office located in Beijing Dongcheng district. To apply as an intern, email Lucy with your resume or CV.
|Email:||email@example.com ← Tap to email (Lucy's contact)|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org ← Tap to email (Roots & Shoots China)|
|Phone:||010-677-85802 ← Tap to call (Office phone #1)|
|WeChat:||moosymoo ← Tap to copy (Lucy's contact)|
|WeChat:||RootsandShoots ← Tap to copy (WeChat official account)|
|Chinese Directions:||View on Baidu Maps|
|English Directions:||View on Google Maps|
|Pinyin Address:||Beijing City, Dongcheng District, Guangqumen Nei Street No.16, Environment Mansion, Room 1006|
Scan QR code to add Roots & Shoots Beijing's WeChat
Roots & Shoots is an environmental education program of the Jane Goodall Institute (China) — deriving inspiration from the work of world-famous Dr. Jane Goodall. Back in 1960, Jane Goodall traveled to Tanzania to complete groundbreaking research that helped humankind understand chimpanzees on a deeper level.
Fast forward to today, Jane Goodall is an icon for world conservation efforts. Her Roots & Shoots project, including the Beijing chapter, empowers and encourages young people to support environmental efforts — and make a better future for people, animals, and mother earth.
Roots & Shoots Beijing works on dozens of worthwhile initiatives, and welcomes volunteers with a passion for animals and the environment. Here’s just a few examples of projects you can get involved with:
- Save the sharks. The vicious illegal shark trade is devastating the world’s shark populations. Help break the cycle and educate people to stop buying shark products.
- Plastic patrol. Plastic is harmful for the environment — especially ocean life. Spread the word to reduce single-use plastic products in daily life, and choose eco-friendly alternatives.
- Pangolin protection. The adorable and unusual pangolin is actually one of the oldest nocturnal mammals on Earth. Show your support for pangolins to keep them around for thousands of years to come.
- Bird watching. More than an interesting hobbies, bird watching and sharing your experience with others help greater society realize how much beauty wild birds add to this earth.
- White-headed langurs. A rare bright orange animal surviving only in South China, the white headed langur needs your support to ensure its livelihood before it’s too late.
- Domestic animal companions. For China’s millions of stray dogs, cats and other domestic animals, you can help make sure they get the love and nutrition they need to have a high quality of life.
- Prevent global warming. Global warming is real! Raise awareness for the globe’s dangerously rising temperatures. The polar bears will thank you.
Following the example of Jane Goodall, Roots & Shoots Beijing is a perfect place for local wildlife enthusiasts to work towards a better feature.
Related causes 🎈
If you like the work Roots & Shoots Beijing is doing, check out some other volunteer organizations with a similar swagger.
Not quite right?
The perfect volunteer opportunitiy is right around the corner. Try a search!